• In the Spotlight:

What to do with all of these beads????

In 1994, I started doing my own jewelry with beads. Beading as you would say, but now I have lost the passion for it. My question is...I have spent SO much money (thousands) on all of the supplies and such, what should I do with them now that I no longer want to bead? All of the stuff is taking up alot of room in our little house. (I also like to sew, so there's a fabric stash too). It seems like too much work to have a garage sale and price each bead....Help!

My3RaysofSun

Asked by My3RaysofSun at 7:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Why do you have to price each bead?? lol Id do a bulk price for certain sizes and styles. If you dont want a yardsale then try craigslist or setting up a table at a flea market or craft show.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If I was anywhere near you I would love to build my own stash. I am sure there are others who think the same way. One way is to list them on Craigslist because it is free to do that and gets a decently wide audience. But be aware people will try to negotiate price, so leave room for negotiation, maybe lower price if more is purchased. When you are done selling and have leftovers to donate, consider your local senior center or Boys/Girls after school clubs.
    If you wanted to do a one day, or even half day fabric sale, I think you would sell everything in that time as long as you advertise properly. Word of mouth works if you don't mind people calling you and asking to come see things. Tell crafty friends and school groups and people at fabric store, word will get around.
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 7:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• send me a link to your craigslist add if you put one up where you are able to ship
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would package the similar beads and price them that way. I would use e-bay or something like that.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Refurnish an small patio table top with concrete on top and smoosh beads into it.
    Buy QuickCrete at hardware store. Put saran wrap into cake pans. Pour concrete into cake pan molds and make hand or feet prints with kids and decorate by smooshing beads into it.
    Hot glue beads onto large glass candle holder, trust me very pretty.
    Put into little ready made packages for nieces to make their own jewelry for Christmas. Give them a pretty box to put it in.
    Make napkin ring holders.
    Pop them into homeade soaps for gifts.
    Put them under a glass in a tray for serving.
    I know your not into beading anymore but maybe you can use them for these other crafts.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• how much do you want for it all?
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• SELL THE SUPPLIES! Get on etsy.com, artfire.com and set up an account! You can sell supplies used in handmade items on those sites. Sell them in bulks, sell the fabrics by the yard and get it out! :)
    southernlamom

Answer by southernlamom at 10:27 PM on Nov. 18, 2009