Chin and neck stubble?

I have chin and neck stubble. I pluck every day, which has left scarring. My neck looks terrible. Waxing doesn't work very well, creams irritate my sensitive skin, and I don't want to shave it(I know what that'll do) Covering it up with make-up looks even worse. Turtlenecks are my best friend in winter! But the rest of the year I walk/talk with my head down because I don't like people looking at my neck. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My sil has the same issue. She is constantly plucking and shaving. She has previously done laser her removal and it worked great but not permanantly. So Maybe you can do it before summer so youll have a lot of time without worry. Its somthing you have to pay out of pocket for if you can afford it. And I think you pay in bulk by the number of treatmenst. You can only do so many in a period of time. Have you tried bleaching it so that it blends with the fine hairs on your face?
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:37 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have those, and some dark hairs in the center of my cheeks. I am glad I don't get scarring from plucking. I would bleach, if they are not thick like mine. And keep in mind most people probably can't see them when looking directly at you. I hope you find something that works.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have that same problem, but it's worse on my chin than my neck. I have also looked into laser hair removal and think I will just do that. I was using Nair face hair removal cream, but it didn't work very well, so I currently use an eyebrow razor and that has done nothing but create more hair...UGH!!!
    tabc531

Answer by tabc531 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I suggest you buy an epilady type device. This works excellent to remove the unwanted hair in that area!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If they are dark, and you can afford it, try laser treatments. My sister has had amazing success with it on her face and the back of her neck.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• go to your doctor it could be a hormonal imbalance problem...i
    sharon35862

Answer by sharon35862 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• SonaMedSpa is where I am going come tax return. The cost for what I want is around $1000. The electrolysis work is guaranteed there. I guess it's permanent either way.
    Hubby says he likes my hairiness. I say he's a sweet liar.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• have you tried a depilatory, such as Surgi-creme? They have formulas for all skin types and made specifically for the face/neck area. You can get that at walmart, target, walgreens, CVS. Also if you don't want to remove the hair you might want to try a bleach (formulated for facial use) such as Jolen bleach. That is also found at any of the major drug stores, and it is formulated for use on the face.
    joaniedanger

Answer by joaniedanger at 12:01 PM on Nov. 17, 2009

• Have you tried the Skin So Soft facial cream from Avon? I've got very very sensitive skin and this one didn't irritate me at all and worked well. I've tried several that have burned me or worse but this one is good. You could talk to your doctor about getting laser hair removal too. www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany if you want to try that cream! Good luck to you!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 10:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2009