Did you do anything special to tell your friends/family the sex of the baby?

My husband and I were thinking about hiding the sex until we sent out the baby shower invites and post the sex on the invites, has anyone had a bad/good experience on waiting to tell?

ProudMommy81551

Asked by ProudMommy81551 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like a great idea...it's like a surprise for the guests!

We had made a website...people could log on and then they had to click on the flying stork and it took them to another page with the ultrasound picture pointing out "it's a BOY" and his name to be posted on the page too!

This time we just sent a mass text and posted on facebook! I wish we had been a bit more creative this time!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• we just told right away but this time i don't really want to find out!

i did like what i saw on tv once where the duggars did something like have a pink cake to announce that it was a girl, so no one knew until they cut into the cake and it was pink :) but you'd have to have a good opportunity before the baby shower, maybe Christmas? or if someone's bday is a few weeks before the shower :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We found out what Baby #2 was the day before Thanksgiving and we bought our son (2 years old at the time) a shirt that said "My sister did it" and he wore it on Thanksgiving and that was his way of telling everyone that he was going to be having a sister.

I dont think there is anything wrong with waiting to share the gender of the baby but it is easier for some people to know ahead of time so that they can shop on sales racks and stuff. But its your pregnancy and baby so I wouldnt worry about other people too much:) Do what you feel is the coolest way to tell them!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2009