How did you come up with your childs name?

I am expecting and I want a unique name for my child and we are leaning towards Kamslie michelle for a girl, and either hadyn O'neil or Myken O'Neil for a boy.

ProudMommy81551

Asked by ProudMommy81551 at 8:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• We got a name book and picked from there and used family names for middle names. We thought they would be unique, but they truned out to be really popular.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My oldest son is Alexander Charles. Alexander was my grandfather and Charles was my DH's dad.

My lil one is Hunter Lee. My DH's name is Jason-Hunter Lee, we just dropped Jason.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• my son is jathan anthony...jathan was my best friend in high school and anthony his dads middle name
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Well, my hubby wanted to use his middle name Richard. I call my father-in-law dad due to his name. Richard is short for Dick and I'm not sure why. LOL... I was like you wanting something different and nothing worked better than Joseph Richard. I call him Joe Joe. I like the names you picked out. Good Luck and Congrats with a new baby on the way.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• my sons name is micah oneel lol
    MickeysMom19

Answer by MickeysMom19 at 8:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I bought a baby name book when I was in elementary school, and would pick out names to name my barbies. (haha) Anyway, DAGAN was a name that I would sometimes pick, and when I mentioned all the names I liked to my DH, that one and Gavin were the only names we agreed on. Since Gavin seems to be everyone's baby's name we chose Dagan. And Thomas for a middle name after my bro who passed away, and my DH middle name is Thomas and so is his dads first name.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Kamslie and Myken are very unique, and not too hard to pronounce! I really like them!

For my son..my hubby really only liked 4 names...2 boys and 2 girls! Luckily I liked one of the boys names and we had a boy! I got to pick out a middle name that I loved!

For this one it seems like we went through every book and list there was, and nothing was standing out! But then we finally agreed to one!

Our DS is Riley Ace and this baby girl will be Kalista Hope!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We wrote down our fave names, and then drew names from a box. If we both didn't agree on what came out, we kept drawing until we did agree.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My husband is from Argentina and I'm American. He wanted a latin name that reflected his background and I was ok with that as long as the name still would fit in the U.S. For our first son we picked Lucas and for our 2nd son we picked Tomas. Both names work in either culture :)
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 9:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• when i was pregnant with my dd we couldn't decide on a name but i was on my way to work and put in a blink182 cd and the song sarted off "josie, your my ....." anyways i was like "yeah josie", so i called my dh and he agreed her middle name is after my dad his name is daniel so her middle is danielle.....our son, i wanted to name adam, dh wanted noah..,. we couldn't agree on anything but sam (samuel) and his middle name is james after my grandfater and dh's grandfather
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2009