Trying to Conceive Question

Hello,

I have a 19 month old son and we are trying to have another baby. We have tried the past 4 cycles and nothing has happened. :( I use the ovulation test each cycle so I know the exact day I ovulate. I got pregnant with my son the first try. I also was pregnant (miscarried) a time before him and that happened within a couple of tries. Does this mean there is something wrong? If we are doing what we are suppose to on the exact time of ovulation, why is it not happening? Has anyone else ever had this happen that already has kids? Thanks!

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 8:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You have to have fertile mucous at the same time as ovulation. you can ovulate without the mucous. Sperm need the mucous to survive in. You really should start checking your mucous to see how stretchy it is at the time you ovulate. This will tell you if you if it's fertile. Also, if you have a short luteul phase, your body will not allow time for the egg to implant before your uterus sheds. Try charting instead of only relying on the tests. This will give you more answers to help you out. read Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• sometimes it just takes awhile, with my first pregnancy it took almost three years, with the second a couple of months and the third no time needed (i got pregant right when i went off the bc) the first two ended up in miscarriage
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2009