Does it hurt to have a Mirena taken out?

When I got it put in...it hurt a lot! I cramped for the whole rest of the day (had it put in at 8am). Now I have an appt to have it removed, after 1 yr and 3 mos. I have horrible acne, I'm tired all the time, I have headaches at least 3 days out of a week, often times 3 consecutive days! I am moody and mean a lot of the time. And now, the latest side effect that I cannot explain, loose vaginal muscles which is causing me to 'leak' and my DF can feel the diff when we have sex. Has anyone else had this side effect?
Has anyone had it removed and did it hurt?

TJandKarasMom

Asked by TJandKarasMom at 8:58 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• i had my removed and it did not hurt! i only had mine for 2 mnths. i got my removed bc of weight gain and acne!
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:01 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I had mine in aabout a year. i took it out becuz i gained 15 pounds and looked preggo. I took it out and it didnt hurt. I lost 9 pounds in 1 week and don't look preggo anymore. It comes out pretty easily.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm ready to have mine removed. I have had mine for over two yrs. I'm moody more than the normal person. Yes, I have had more headaches than normal to. I never no when I'm going to have my period either. I would rather have my monthly "monster" as a friend calls it, than go through this craziness. I gained weight and I'm a busy person. I should be lossing weight. Frist of the yr. I'm taking this thangy out. I was told it's easier coming out than in. LOL... Please let me know who it goes for you.
    goldielock37

Answer by goldielock37 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2009