Could anyone offer suggestions...

I get up at 3:30 in the morning shower throw my 3 kids in the car drop them off with my sister the head to work. I work form 4:45 am to 5:30 pm sometimes later, after that i pick up my children and drive 45 minutes to get home. i have arounf 75 lbs to lose... What can i do with an hour of downtime before i fall alseep?

mandic

Asked by mandic at 9:08 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• the wii fit would def be best for you. I have it and it's a good work out. you could put the kids to bed and do it at night. also try the wii fit. It is a good investment. good luck
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Resistance bands and light weights but more importantly with working all those hours I'd watch what I eat. Many times when we work we eat convenience/processed food that is full of calories. At breaks (if possible) I'd get out and walk around if you don't move around at work. I have a recumbent bike I ride for a few minutes each day. Working out before bed helps you sleep better, too.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• sorry the EA sports that's what i meant to say wii active and wii fit
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 9:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• well the best time to work out for fat loss is the morning, but any time will work enough. stop eating carbs (bread cereal pasta) for now until you loose the weight, or eat them once a week for now. eat lots of protein veggies & fruit. drink as much water as you can. and exercise for that hr every night, if you can get some weights or an exercise machine .. but if not, do sit ups & crunches, squats, running in place, kicks, punches, push ups, etc. - i also take mega-t green tea pills, they make a gum too, and i drink celcius drinks sometimes. they are all sold at GNC, and the green tea pills are sold at cvs and walgreens too. - ive been doing this same thing, except for i go to the gym 4 days a week for two hrs and ive went down a jeansize in the past month.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I recommend going to GNC and purchasing the Acai-slim supplements. They have Acai, which is a great antioxidant, green tea, and caffiene, which work wonders for metabolism. Also get a colon cleansing supplement (right across from the acai section) Don't skip breakfast, even if it is as small as a banana, that gets your metabolism off to a great start. Drinks LOTS of water. We don't realize how many calories we take in from liquids. I know it's tough on a schedule as hectic as yours is, but try to squeeze in as much excersise as possible. Even taking your children for a walk is beneficial on this journey. Cook healthy meals. Lean meats, lots of veggies, and fruits as snacks. Don't completely deprive yourself of sweets, because that is what causes binges that make us disappointed in ourselves. Treat yourself every once in a while, but in moderation. Don't do any crazy diets, because a diet is a temporary fix. (continued)
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• To lose the weight and keep it off, it's about changing your lifestyle. Your children will benefit from this as well because they will be learning their eating habits from you. I hope this advice helps and I wish you and your family the very best!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 9:19 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• When I exercise before bed I have a terrible time falling asleep. Is there any way that you can shift that hour to morning? Your local library will have lots of work out DVDs that you can try.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Px90.......shit is intense. My husband is a marine is amazing shape. Him and all his shop mates swear by it.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Do you work at a desk sitting down? I'm actually thinking about getting one of those stationary bikes that go under your desk...the ones with just the wheel and pedals that fit under the desk and you can actually pedal while you are working. I don't work as long of hours as you so I actually go to the gym. I go to Gold Gym and they have a kids club that my son can go to while I work out and he loves it there. And they'll watch infants up to teens and its only $2.50 for an hour and a half so it works great for me b/c I'd have to pay a sitter more than that if I wanted to go without him. You really shouldn't work out so close to going to be though because it actually wakes you up. Its better to do it in the morning or to work out about 4 hours before you go to bed...which I know is hard for you b/c you don't have alot of time during the day. Also the Wii fit the someone else mentioned is great
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 11:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am a coach with Beachbody, I am 22 weeks pregnant have a 2 year old, and still work out and do yoga to keep the weight gain low and to stay healthy for me and my baby. I also drink on of their shakes called Shakeology it is wonderful and so so so healthy... So if i can do it anyone can lol. Beachbody has alot of dvds anyone can use, just pop one in, do what you can with the time you can and when your want to end the work out you can just hit the stop button. I have there prenatal yoga dvd, and I love it.

My sites are

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/1healthymama
    http://myshakeology.com//1healthymama

Just so you all can take a peek.

I hope you have a great day
    Bershelle Jones
    WAH_Mama

Answer by WAH_Mama at 12:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009