Is this normal to happen during my cycle

I usually start spotting at least a day or so before the actual flow starts. Is this normal? Does anyone have this too? Some cycles the spotting is one day before and some it's a couple days before. I am TTC and I was wondering if I should be counting the first day of light spotting as my first day in my cycle. I am worried that this is a sign of luteal defect. If I am counting my days from O on (until I start spotting) then I have a short luteal phase. It is rather annoying and frustrating for this to happen. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would count the first day you're actually bleeding as CD1.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• usually the first day that a pad or tampon is needed is when you count as the first day. My first day is always really light as well, and then bam second day is crazy heavy! If you dont count the spotting as your first day how long is your LP? Usually if its 10 days or longer is considered normal because not everyone has the perfect 28 day cycle.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If I don't count the two days of spotting I would be at 10 days luteal phase. I already have one child and am surprised we have conceieved after a few months of trying. I got pregnant the first try with my first child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Wow that is quick, first tries are rare. I believe completely healthy working bodies it can still take at least 6 months at least to concieve and thats still normal. There's about a 20-25% chance of concieving each month when timed correctly. SO after those odds, its easier to see why it takes so long. If you're concerned about the length of your LP you might wanna just talk it over with your dr. plus having a pre-conception dr appt can make sure there are no underlying problems before so you dont get so discouraged.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2009