hip pain, is this related to pregnancy? (8-9 weeks)

i woke up yesterday morning with this pain in my hip, well like just to the left of my groin where my leg meets my pelvis i guess...? sorry i'm no good at anatomy ;)

i do remember people in my due date group with my first child having leg/pelvis/hip problems related to pregnancy i *think*.

i'm just wondering if this might be related to my body changing for the pregnancy, or if it is completely unrelated. my first prenatal appt is in 9 days.

tia!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like the uterus stretching! your baby is very low right now and thats why they will do a vaginal u/s when you go to the dr. baby is like just about behind your pelvis, so all the stretching will be felt low to begin with. at least it did for me. if its just a few seconds then goes away type pain, thats what my guess is. you'll have that stretching cramps the whole time bc obviously baby keeps needing more room!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009