Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I have a stop put on a check from a company?

I used to live in WV and my checks were sent to where i was staying. I moved to another state and the person I lived with refuses to send my check, and claims I owe her money, but I do not. Is there any way I can get the first check stopped, and have them send one to my new address? Is it going to cost me any money?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • Call the company and ask them. If she cashes them, she'll get busted for forgery if you report her.

    Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • Why do that? Just call your bank. They have lawyers and such for cases like this.

    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 10:10 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.