Problem with his ex wife...

My husband's ex wife has been trying to turn his kids against us. She tells them that I'm mean and when the kids ask why they aren't together anymore, she tells them it's because my husband hit her. (I know he would NEVER do that, I grew up around the type, and he's certainly not the type. I've seen him hopping pissed, and he never did anything even intimidating towards me) She told the kids that my husband was arrested and that he went to jail (completely untrue). She's an alcoholic with a lot of problems. She dresses like a what do you call those "scene" 13 year olds, and dresses the kids that way sometimes and in clothes that are FAR 2 small, she got arrested for a dui earlier this year, and went to rehab less than a week after my daughter was born, leaving to me to take care of all 3 of the kids, lost her job as a teacher, and WE haven't told the kids anything about her, so idk why she feels the need to lie about US?

not-so-des-hw

Asked by not-so-des-hw at 10:04 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• Two wrongs don't make a right. Do not put the children in the middle of this craziness. Let her do it to herself. At some point the children will grow up and remember who the crazy one was. The kids have been through a lot already. Be as nice as you can to them and tell them to make their own conclusions based on their own recollection of events. Also, keep reminding them that whatever happened between their mom and their dad is not their fault. Be as loving and caring as you can because you might be the closest to a real mom they've got.

About the biological mom, let nature run its course, she will one day end up dead or in prison, hopefully the kids won't be in the car when it happens.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 10:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• And we've tried asking her about it and she lies about it, we've heard it from numerous people that she says these things, and her kids tell us that she's saying these things too
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 10:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2009