Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got married!! Where do I get my name changed?

Court house? Social security office...?


Asked by mama_moonsong at 10:09 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 7 (199 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • SS administration. take photo ID, marriage cert, and birth cert... or a passport, etc... takes about 5 minutes once you get done waiting the 4 hours in line. lol

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • You go to the Social Security office first...make sure you have your marriage license. Then go to the DMV..make sure you have your marriage license there too. And that's it!

    Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:11 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

  • Social security office.
    Then once you get your social security card you can go get your new ID
    Oh and so you know the social security office DOES NOT take your birth certificate as proof of ID anymore.
    All you need is your ID that you have now and her OFfical marriage certificate. Not the one they gave you at the wedding,
    Then they give you a piece of paper saying that you have changed your name then you can head down and get your new ID.

    I know al this because I just got married and had to go thru the same thing.
    Dont forget your Birth certificate for the DMV tho they actually want to see it LOL.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009