Terrorists to be placed in Ill.?

Ok ladies I am pointing out myself that this is a blog from the sun times..but if it is true it makes me sick..terrorists who did wth they have done to us on 9-11 being held in Ill even thinking about doing that is craziness to me.I do not care about 'creating revenue' and so on when it is at THIS risk!

I will post the link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There is a story about it on Fox online.

The whole move them thing is STUPID. They are in a well run secure place. If they are going to be held indefintely (even BO said some of them will be) why move them? POLITICS, that is why. It is absurd.

These people should NEVER, "let me make this perfectly clear", NEVER have the priveldge of being on US soil.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Is the federal government going to send funds to support them? We definately don't have it since Chicago decided to upgrade their city.
    and they better keep them locked up as I shoot to kill if they get on my property.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm in the southern part of Illinois and I hate this idea!!
    LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 10:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I completely agree yourspecialkid!!

LilCaprica

Answer by LilCaprica at 11:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No they shouldnt have the privledge yourspecial..and they damn sure should noit be given the rights of Americans!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:03 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm disgusted.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Gitmo is a safe place to keep them. Spending millions to move them to the U.S. makes no sense.

Personally, I'd like to see them tried at Gitmo, and if found guilty they stay at Gitmo. If found innocent we send them back to their home country.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• First of all, the prison they are looking at is 165 miles WEST of Chicago. It has nothing to do with Chicago whatsoever.

Second, the federal prison system already houses over 300 terrorists. Over 30 of these are ALREADY housed in Illinois prisons.

Third - Guantanamo Bay is owned by the US Military, so, in essence, it IS US Soil.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Besides, a lot of the people in that town are FOR them opening the prison. It would create almost 3000 jobs and generate billions in revenue. What's not to like??

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-gitmo-illinois-15-nov15,0,247250.story?page=1

This prison is a maximum security prison that has never really been used.  IF they decided to house Gitmo inmates here, it would be turned into a super-max.  People don't escape from super-max prisons.

Last time I checked, the constitution states that ANY person held by the US deserves a trial.  Should we just dismantle the whole damn constitution?

Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009