Has someone ever treated you like shit, but when people make comments about how much of a loser they are you get offended?

It's almost as though you feel like you are the only one who can think, or say bad things about the person? My daughter's father is a complete loser, but when other people say it I get offended.... I feel like he's MY daughter's father and no one but me should talk badly about him to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow - people can be harsh on here. It never ceases to amaze me! Anyway, I think this is a common thing to feel protective of someone who you once loved and to want to reserve the right to complain about them without having everyone join in and bash. I think you have to be careful who you voice this with so you can feel safe knowing that they wont take it further than you want to. I know there are a lot of people I can't share things w/because they are overly protective of me and would not be able to control themselves and respect my wishes to keep things civilized w/the offender.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Umm no I think that is childish.
    If someone is a deadbeat loser then Im sorry YOU probably arent the only one he treated badly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You get offended because in a round about way they are putting your choice in men down and therefore putting you down.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:20 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• yeah...i would with my ex..cuz i felt like the loser for being with him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would only be upset if someone had the tasteless nerve to bad mouth my ex in front of my children. I don't care what they say about his dead beat ass to me...we all know its true, but no one has ever been calous enough to say bad things in front of our kids. I think that is just common sense!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Um no im smarter then that
    Anonymous

• I think it has to do with you trying to find the good in him. You know he's a loser, but you're hoping that there is something in him that's better then that. Therefore, when other people talk bad about him you want to defend his good qualities. Even though you're more then willing to point out his bad qualities. It's natural to feel the want/need to defend someone who doesn't deserve it. LIke I said, I think you want to see, and want others to see, the good qualities in him. Even though there isn't much of that there. Therefore, you become offended when other people recognize he doesn't have many (if any) good qualities. Not only because you know the reality of it, but also because you want soo badly to ignore the reality of it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2009