I am so fed up, How can i get dd to do a bm in the toilet and not her panties?

DD has been potty training 6 months and completely pee pee trained once in a while she has a pee pee accident which you can tell is just her being too busy else where. But poop is another story. She was pooping on the potty in the beginning but hasn't in at least 5 months she holds it and caused her self to be constipated and now just doesn't do it. And she doesn't fully poop in her pull up or panties cause she wants to be changed ASAP so i go threw 10 to 15 poop pull ups a day from partial poops. Also i have a little treasure box FULL of great prizes and even did time outs recently cause i am at the end of my rope. Also told her i will be buying baby diapers if she doesn't start to TRY cause there is now TRYING just sitting and playing around on the pot. she will be 3 next month

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• She is probably scared to go. My son was scared to poop on the potty. It when on for months. It finally stopped when my husband and I were busy moving furniture down the basement. I looked up and I saw my son pooping in his pants. We were tired and busy and we both lost it. We started yelling at him - "Get upstairs and poop on the potty right now!!!" We were mad. He ran right upstairs and pooped on the potty! Then he realized it was no big deal. I don't recommend yelling, but it worked for us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would recommend getting rid of the pullups. and let her sit on the potty as long as she wants. Are you using a potty chair or the big potty? I would get a potty chair to keep in whatever room you are in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We use big potty with some seat thing she picked out cause she didn't like the chair, and she won't sit on the potty but when she does it can be hours with no result cause she holds it
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would go and let her pick out a potty chair. My girl was afraid of the big potty and we went thru 4 different potty chairs until we found one that she would use.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• This is a situation that now created is going to be difficult to fix. Before your daughter can be expected to be potty trained she is going to have to have normal stools. You are going to have to put the diapers back on and back off so she stops holding back and making herself constipated. When she gets back to normal stools is the time to start over.

Take a week and stay home and keep her in easy to remove clothing. Give her food that will help her have stools. Watch for signs she is gong to poop. When she is having a stool on the potty talk to her about pushing it out. Some kids don't get that idea.

Foget little prizes and making a big deal about going in the potty. You want to keep everything low emotion. You don't want anything to make her start holding stools in again. Part of what the week home should be about is for you to learn when cues for when she needs to go.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Get rid of the pull ups and make a new rule. If she poops in her panties, she cleans her panties. Make sure to tell her how gross it is to have to clean it while she's rubbing the stains with soap and water. My kids only had to clean up after themselves once.
    teekadane

Answer by teekadane at 10:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I've potty trained 2 kids in a weekend... the trick to get them to poop in the potty, put them in bathroom with a thing of wipes make them clean themselves up... WARNING, it WILL be a mess, so be ready for that. I only had to do it once. Make sure she goes potty RIGHT before bed even if she says she doesn't have to go, make her try and no water or drinks an hour and a half before bed.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 12:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Thanks all she likes to wipe her self so that would be a good thing for her but making her clean her own underwear might do something. So i told her she has to act like a big girl or clean her own poppy underwear
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 2:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We are going through painful poop with my baby. The doctor was telling me to fix it now or potty training would be hard. If it hurts them to go, it hurts. We're putting her on miralax to get it softer for a while so she'll forget that pooping sucks.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Shes not ready and she's too young to push her that hard. She is totally in control and the more you try to make her do it the more she will dig her heels in. Some kids just aren't ready to do it. It could totally backfire on you and she may regress to wetting her pants again. Celebrate what you've already accomplished. Take a break with the other. It will come in time. When there is a success make it a very positive experience. Really make her feel good about herself.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 11:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2009