How in the Hell am I GAINING weight?!?

'K, so this is more of a vent than anything... but seriously!!

I'm doing the Special K Challenge (starving to death right now, btw), eating "sensible" dinners (grilled fish, turkey burgers, etc), drinking nothing but water (except skim milk with my cereal) AND I'm doing a colon cleanse.

.... and I've gained 4 lbs since yesterday. FOUR friggin' pounds!! WTF?!?

So frustrating. Bleh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Here's a tip to losing weight....DO NOT weigh yourself every day!! Maybe once a week. But everyday is a big no no.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Also certain times in the day you weigh more then others. Me I way more at night then I do in the am.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Are you about to start your period? I always gain when that happens. ANd try not weight more then weekly.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I would get off the special k diet and start eating..you get more nutrition from a bowl of oatmeal...How many calories are you eating?Are you working out?I always gain around my time of the month too.I also agree with not weighing daily,once a week is good.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Special K has bad SUGAR!!!!!!!!! cut the majority of sugar and heavy carbs and you'll drop wieght pretty fast!! Plus once you drop that out of your diet you want crave it anymore. The first two weeks SUCCCCK and you won't drop wieght as quickly as other diets so you'll get frustrated but in about three weeks you'll start seeing good results and you won't want any of the bad stuff!! I used to never feel full if i didn't have some kind or carb with my meal but now im perfectly content with a little bit of meat and fresh veggies. Oh also stay away from fruit for a bit. Sugar is sugar!!!!!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• .... Have you tried measuring yourself, instead of living on the scale?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• remember that at the beginning of a new regime chances are you'll gain some weight as you lose the fat and gain muscle in your body.

muscle weighs more than fat.

are you working out as well as changing your diet?
    Anonymous