Getting sick of people...

What did you say to everyone when you were close to delivering when asked (constantly), "Is the baby here yet?!"

I'm getting so tired of this. I was due yesterday & I'm being very patient, I know it could be two more weeks. I hope not, but I know it could be. I'm uncomfortable & I want to see my daughter & everyone reminding me that I'm STILL pregnant is getting me close to choking someone...

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 10:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I went to walmart and got the iron on transferrs that you can make yourself and made up shirts that said, "nope not yet but you'll know when it happens" or "say one thing about it and I'm gonna choke someone"

Otherwise just smile and ask "What, you can't the difference between pregnancy and fatness"
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• People aren't saying it to annoy you...you only have a couple more days, so make the best of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You can have your DH respond to others, come up with a silly response, or change your message on the phone to say:
    "Baby isn't here yet. I need to have a quiet and calm environment to let the baby come out. So I won't be answering the phone for a while, and possibly not returning messages for a bit, either. The amount of inquires has become overwhelming, so we'll let you know when baby is here! Thanks all!"

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I like the first idea. I would tell my mother (she has a huge mouth) that I am tired of people asking me.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'd just say.......O you must be mistaken I'm not pregnant....then walk off before you laugh and see what happens lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• how annoying! something i have heard of people doing is lying to their family/friends and saying their due date is november 30 if it is really november 15 to keep them at bay. lol. i know it's too late now. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• She'll be here before you know it.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• To prevent that i never gave people my estimated due date, i told them the baby will come in late march or early april! No phone calls or anything.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 1:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• very annoying, especially if they SEE your still CARRYING!!!!
    Anonymous

• I understand TOOOOTALLY! I'm glad that's over for me. I just told everyone not to ask dumb ?s. Yes I'm STILL pregnant and NO DONT ask me anymore.!
    LuVlY2524

Answer by LuVlY2524 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 20, 2009