How many hours a day should a 7 wk old sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 7 week old sleeps 5-7 hours at night, then 3 hour nap after her morning feeding. Then she takes 4-5 1 hour naps throughout the day. With my older daughter she was up almost all day (and most of the night at this age) she was probably only getting 10-11 hours of sleep. Every baby is different though.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Ty my baby is up almost all day he does sleep 6 hours every night! op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My oldest slept for 10 hours total for the frist 3 months, 6 hours at night and 1 four hour nap. My youngest was just starting slept 6-8 hours at night and 2 two hour naps during the day.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It's so variable! My first took short naps throughout the day, my second would sleep 3-4 hour stretches day and night! Just make sure you're trying to soothe your baby to sleep within an hour or 2 of being awake to give him or her the opportunity to get the rest he or she needs.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:44 AM on Nov. 16, 2009