Should people on PA be allowed to waste money on christmas present.

ok- if you can not afford money for food, medical care, etc; why waste money on x-mas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• so people who need help buying food and going to the drs shouldn't celebrate christmas...damn i found the grinch lmao
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 10:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My sentiments exactly! Maybe they should be alloted a little big bigger PA check so they can buy a few more rolls of toilet tissue or something... give them as gifts... Just sayin....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Excellent - let's punish the children because the parents need some help!

Scrooge would be proud of you.....Tiny Tim not s'much.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Isn't it great how the Grinches of the world think? Punish kids for parents mistakes.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:45 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• How is this any of yours or anyone elses business. I know quite a few "poor" that save all year for Christmas and get the kids things they need like cloths and shoes. Keep you nose out of other peoples business.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Should other people be allowed to tell people on PA what to do?

Once we start that where does it stop? Should fathers be allowed to tell mothers what they can do with child support? Should employers be allowed to tell employees what to do with earnings?

Just because you have an expensive medical disease and can't afford $30,000 a month for meds it doesn't mean you can't spend $30 for a gift for your child for Christmas. How many people can afford $30,000 a month for meds.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:49 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Wow... just wow. No wonder I don't visit CM much anymore. OP your ignorance and hatred are appalling. Many people on PA DON"T spend money on gifts, but fortunately, through the kindness of people that make donations, their families can have a decent holiday anyway. Thank God not everyone is like you, or none of those poor families would get anything.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It breaks my heart that someone could be so heartless. Children don't look at Christmas like we do. It's magical to them. When my sister was on PA and the local church was there for her kids, that's when I learned to the true meaning of Christmas... Total strangers gave to her children and to the kids it was from Santa.. It gave my sister the ability to give them a Christmas that she never would have been able to.
    Have a heart OP, you never know if you will need the help one day.. Nothings Guaranteed.
    Oh and I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Are you kidding me? What does the parents in PA have to do with a child's right to feel special, loved and cared for in Christmas? Ideally children should have what they need all year around but for Peter's sake choose a better topic to start drama a d live the kids out of your narrow mind.

Not everyone in PA is abusing the system, some people really need help and that should not have anything to do with them receiving a gift on Christmas. Mind your own business. Live and let other live.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:00 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Hey OP: How many families do you adopt at Christmas? Do you give any gifts to families on PA so they don't have to "waste" their money buying gifts for their kids? Or do you think that poor kids shouldn't believe in Santa Claus?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 16, 2009