im interested in knowing :)

hi mommies :)

my q is ,

r u sahm ? if u were o are , how u ever feel da pressure from u family and friends of having to return to work ?

do they keep asking u

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• honestly the question shouldnt be when are you going back to work it should be when are you going back to school?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The thing is if you go back to work people will give you grief about not being home with your baby. You can't win.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am a SAHM and for awhile I was getting pressured from everyone but that has stopped for the most part. My original plan was to go back to work once my son was 6 weeks old but I just couldn't bare the thought of leaving him that early so I decided I would wait until he was 3 months old and then return to work because I could put him in the nursery there for free while I was working. WELL, there have been several cases of Swine Flu and the Y (my work) since then so I decided I didn't want him around other kids and people until flu season is over. So he's now 3 1/2 months and I have decided that I'm going to try and find a job at home so I don't have to leave him. I exlusively breastfeed so that makes it difficult as well, and since I don't have a college degree, any money I would make working, would go straight to a babysitter, so it makes it kind of pointless. When I told everyone that, they kind of shut up.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:13 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am a stay at home mom, people kept asking me if I was going to go to school, going to go out to work after... ect.... I had no problem telling people that were pressuring me "I care about how my child is raised more than any day care provider, children were much more respectful back when there were stay at home moms, and going to school shooting people wasn't heard of back then" I'm going to go back to school or start a part-time job when they go into school so they can have the best clothes and supplies, I don't want anyone else to raise my children, I made them, it's my job to raise them, other people feel others can do as good of a job, but I want to see all my child's firsts (smiles, kisses, standing, hugs, crawling, laughing) It's the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's more rewarding than any job I could think of.
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 11:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Our youngest is 6yrs old and I always get asked if I'm going to work now since all of our kids are in school.. I just look at them and say, no, we can afford for me to be home and Hubby insists that I'm here for our boys. He works away from home a month at a time so we decided one of us needs to be here for them fulltime.
    Don't let them get to you Momma, if you and your Hubby agree on it then it's no one elses business!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I am a SAHM and my family is fully supportive and actually very encouraging. My mom was the one who convinced me I needed to stay home.

We are 50/50 in our relationship and life. DH does go out more often than me... but I have a nursing baby at home so it's kinda a given. I do all the housework and caring for the kids. DH works, and when he's home neither of us "work" (aside from food prep, obviously), we just spend time together and with our boys. My staying home is what allows us to have so much "free" time together and it takes a great deal of stress off of him.

I'm sorry your family is not supportive... how is your husband about it? He's the one who really needs to be supportive (so as not to stir up resentment) and I would honestly tell the rest to mind their own business... and your mom of all people? Was she a working mom? Maybe she's a little jealous... or upset that you aren't doing things the way she
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Please don't bring anymore children into this world. Ever.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:23 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I tried to be SAHM, but i've worked all of my life, since age 15, and felt kind of guilty. I definately want to be there 100% for our DD, but I also want to contribute to the family income for my own personal satisfaction. I chose to nanny and bring my DD so I get the best of both worlds. My DD also gets socialization skills with the deal, so its very beneficial in more ways than one. Even though I have a Bachelor's degree, my mother still pressures me to go back to school while I'm a SAHM so that I can be ready to go back to work w/ an edge when DD goes to school in a few years. I just tell her that I'm not sure of what I'm going to do but that I'm weighing all of my options.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• did them.

Tell her that if you weren't at home DH would still be working, except he'd have to actually do something around house and care for the baby.... and that would eat into your time together as a family and possible cause more stress... DH going out more if you both work? I don't think so!

If you don't need the money... why take time away with your child that you will never get back? Money is just material, the people in our lives are what really matter. You do what will give your family the most time together and make you all the happiest.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:27 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• English please.
    Anonymous