Do you donate money at work?

My MIL was out of work for a little while at walmart. So the coworker put a donation jar for her. Well she told me that they collect over 200.00. she told us that she brought a WII system for her son insatead of paying for her bill. this is why i never donate money to people.

you thought?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we do but it thru his check to the altimerz foundation..sorry for spelling
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My thought is that it's my choice to donate money, it's their choice on how to use the money.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 11:18 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• When I was working (I am retired ) I had an automatic payroll deduction for the United Way. I think I did $10.00 a paycheck. So that added up to a big chunk to them every year.
    I would be suspicious of any Donation to people at work because, as you said, they can be a ripoff. I can't believe that woman bought a Wii. Dumb. Many people are con artists, and you never know who they are until it is too late.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Figures
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• About the only money I give is to the salvation army bell ringers, the humane society cans or ronald mcdonald house box. My work only does collections (thru payroll deduction) if there is an emgergency--- like a co-workers house burning down, or something drastic like that. Then I will sign up to give. Otherwise I do not donate cash to anything.
    I do have certain causes that I support, and I will send a check to them.

As for this woman-- it was her money to spend, ideally it would have been a good idea for her to spend it on a necessity-- like bills, food, rent...... Maybe she felt bad for her son and wanted to give him something nice?
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm with you. I never donate money anywhere. If an item or service is needed, I will provide that. I don't trust other people with money.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I donate anything I can whenever I can. Clothes, food, money, toys, etc. I do not care what's done with it; it's not my business. It just makes me feel good knowing I did my part to help make America stronger.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I do not work but my husband does. my husbands Paycheck automatically takes out a few bucks. not even $5 to breast cancer awareness. we dont have the money to donate to anyone.
    Anonymous

• No I don't. Furthermore, a mom on this site told a story of a girl she knows who works at the salvation army. She said the employee's go through all the donations and take the good stuff home. So I don't donate there anymore either. We give our things to our church, knowing they will go where we intended..someone who needs them, not the greedy!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No. They work, they have $$! If I"m going to donate money to someone it's going to be someone who is really poor and has no job.
    Anonymous