"NO!!!"

my son will be 3 in a month. and his favorite word is "NO!"..he doesn't use it as much around me. but when my dad asks him to do something, no matter how simple it may be, my son ALWAYS says no. actually it's more like screaming "NOOO!" and it's very aggravating. how can i get him to stop this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• teach him thanks you and your welcome..he will probably like the response he gets from saying those words
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• and also when asking a todler to do something it doesnt hurt to say please
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The interesting part of this is what word do they hear the most at this age? "No" He is trying to take control a small aspect of his life. Get down to his level and ask him why? Thats another word that can make you crazy at times, but then they talk about it and you can work on expanding their vocabulary.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:42 AM on Nov. 17, 2009