Due April 1st...will I need a jacket for the baby?

I'm due the 1st of April and I'm slowly getting things ready for the baby. I can't remember what the weather was like last April...so I'm not sure if I'm going to need warm or cool weather clothes for her. I know it's warm by May. What would you buy (Clothing wise) if you had a baby due in early April?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:31 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Where are you?
    I know I had my daughter in april in vegas and didnt need a coat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I'm in TN.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I had my dd last Jan. I never put any of her jackets on as she didn'n fit right in her carseat. I just used blankets to wrap her in. Are you reall going to be taking your child out alot when he/she is born?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• It wouldnt hurt to have a light coat and maybe a sweater or two for the baby. You just never know sometimes!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 11:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Not too much. I also have a 2 year old that loves to play outside, so we will probably be in the yard quite a bit...and then 2 times a week she will have to tag along to take her big brother to therapy unless I can find a babysitter. Ok...now that I think about it that is quite a bit.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i had my son in november and never used a jacket even in jan, feb. warm blankets are good and so are those thick sip up one peice fleece things
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:51 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• zip up
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• We are in North AL and DS was born April 7. He wore pants and jackets for about the first month until it finally started to warm up.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 12:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• DD was born April 2. When I went to the hospital, it was cool out and when we came home it was snowing. I bought DD a bunch of sweaters and warm blankets and it worked out. She ended up being tiny despite estimates that she was going to be huge. If I bought her a coat, it wouldn't have fit!

Another little tip, DD was 5 pounds when we brought her home and she never wore newborn diapers. We brought home the size 1s from the hospital and when DH went to buy more, the newborn were more expensive. They go through so many diapers that it's nice to be able to save a little bit where you can.
    Anonymous

• I would get a few sweaters, but probably not a jacket. If you will be taking the baby out frequently in the carrier (carseat) you should look at the bundleme. I LOVED ours, and used it all the time.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009