What could cause spotting when I'm already late...

I was due to get my AF on the 11th, didn't happen. Yesterday afternoon (11/15)when I went to the restroom I noticed a spot of blood. I thought I was finally starting, but then nothing for the rest of the day. Today I woke up and I have a light brown discharge, like you would get at the end of your cycle. I am starting to worry becuase I have never been this late before. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• its probably inplantation bleeding is what it sounds like which theres nothing to worry about if its that. But i would take a pregnancy test being it will tell you now that your late on having your period.
    mommy2bee240

Answer by mommy2bee240 at 12:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• it could be a miscarriage or implantation bleeding. either way you should get checked. you never know what it could be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Since you've already missed your period, take a home pregnancy test. Some light spotting is very common in early pregnancy
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:41 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Thanks for all your advise. I thought you had to wait until 2 weeks after you missed cycle to take a hpt? I want to make sure it's as accurate as possible...what exactly is implantation bleeding?
    Anonymous

• Implantation bleeding is when the fetilized egg burrows itself into the uterus wall where the baby will grow. I have always taken a test before my missed period and gotten a possitive, you can wait if you want but if you are it should show about by now. GL
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You can take a test one DAY after you miss. Read the box.
    Anonymous