How much will I be making after taxes in Texas if I make $8 an hour/30 hours a week?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on the number of deductions you have, if you have county taxes, if you have city taxes, what other things are taken from your check. You would make $240 before deductions. My guess would be between $175 and $200.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:54 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Texas has no income tax, so it's just your federal tax withholding which will of course depend on your status and number of dependents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP- I'm married but separated. I have 1 child that I assume I will claim and not his dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• There is a calculator on the IRS website (I don't remember where). If you call the IRS, they will help you: 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009