When your sick with a score throat can you have cough drops?

i am 10 weeks ago and i feel like i have a sore throat please let me know if i can take a cough drop?

mommy2bee240

Asked by mommy2bee240 at 11:57 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes you can, but get the natural kind not Halls or cepecal they have a numbing medicine in them and may not be good for the baby, you can take any of the tylenol cold medicines as well
    ajbianca83

Answer by ajbianca83 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• read the packages they say if you can use them pregnant or not
    Anonymous

• I was told one Halls (plain) per hour. Contact your doctor and see what he/she suggests!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:04 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• you usually can! just dont take too many of them throughout the day. and read the ingredients. some herbal cough drops have herbs not safe during pregnancy. your dr. can tell you which ones are safe!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My doc told me to take chamomile tea with honey for my sore throat. Don't take any of the mentholated or eucalyptus ones. Dr. Thayer's Slippery Elm Drops are great. You can also use a tea with Wild Cherry Bark, Fennel, and Marshmallow.

Talk with your local herbalist or doctor. They'll steer you in the right direction.
    kestrelscall

Answer by kestrelscall at 1:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009