omgee.... Has anyone else been through this?

I need to know...I have gallbladder disease and I'm 15 weeks preggo.It really wasn't acting up until bout a week ago. It does that it will go so long with out hurting then I'll hurt for a week or so then its gone again...you get the point cycle after cycle. Anyways as soon as the baby is born I'm having it removed but the same routines of controling the pain isn't working anymore. Like a bath, heating pad, tyenol. I've changed my diet but is there anything else I can do?

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 11:59 AM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am so sorry you are going through this. MIne didn't hit until after I had the baby so I didn't have to suffer too long before mine got taken out. You are doing the most important thing by changing your diet. If heating pads and tylenol aren't working then you need to talk to your doctor and see what else you can do. The best thing I did was learn to anticipate it. Right when I started to feel the least bit of pain I took a pain pill and put the heating pad on. That made the attacks less intense. Good Luck Girl!!!!!

Frogbaby83

Answer by Frogbaby83 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• have you talked to the doctor about the discomfort? ask for something that will take the pain away or down a notch, I have a feeling that it's only going to get more painful as the pregnancy progresses
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 12:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i didn't have gallbladder disease but i have kidney stone disease. they started in so bad i was on tylenol 3 till that stopped working then on percocet or darvocet and in and out of the hospital on demoral. the pain actually made me go in labor a couple of times. my son was born a month early with a chemical addiction that took about 96 hours to get out of his system. there would have been no way i could have done this pregnancy without the pain meds. don't let anyone even your doc tell you that you don't need pain meds. my son suffered no ill effects from it. my doc at first tried telling me she couldn't do anything for me till i told her she had to collaborate with my urologist and then stuff started to get taken care of for me.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Ummm... heating pads & baths wont help gall stones! The only way you can help prevent them is to eat NO FAT AT ALL! I mean not even a slice of bread because that has 1 gram of fat. If you dont eat fat, then your gall bladder isnt used.

I was diagnosed with gall stones at 24 weeks pregnant with my son and the surgeon said he could have done surgery prior to 20 weeks but couldnt do it at that point becuase my uterus was too high. So i had to suffer til 37 weeks when they induced me and removed my gall bladder 3 days later.

The surgery was a PIECE OF CAKE and even 3 days post-pardem, there was hardly any recovery at all. But I wouldnt waste my time with heating pads & baths... if you dont use your gall bladder then it is i not going to hurt! So cut out the fat 100% completely
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009