Advice for a single mom?

I separated from my husband about a month and 1/2 ago. Took a job as a live-in for a group home but now I have to leave bc the stupid owner of the company didn't know kids weren't allowed to live here. So now I am moving home with my parents but how to I get back on my feet? I would like to be out of there as soon as possible. But I have no experience except babysitting!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Write a list of things you are capable of doing. Include: filing, alphabeizing (if you can), numerical order (if you can), machine usage (kinds of machines you can run), computer abilities, writing or mathematical abilities, managament abilities--you're a mom, moms all manage! Anything you can think of. Then search online for how to prepare a working resume--listing skills not jobs. Add the (few) jobs you've worked. Someone will hire you!!! Keep the atitude that something will work out for the best!!

Anonymous

• alphabetizing

Anonymous

• The PP had a good idea. Have you thought about applying at a daycare center or as a nanny?
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• some daycares will hire without a degree. try a church daycare, or look at your local classifieds. or simply look up a few daycares in your area and visit them, turn in an app. Most will also give you a discount to put your child there since you're working at the facility.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Apply for a section 8 apartment. There are some nice and some not so nice complexes. Rent is about 1/3 your income after deductions.

I've been in about the same position. Here are two of the things that I have done. Babysit rich kids in their home and charge a lot and take your kids. Go back to college for something that makes a lot of money like RN. If you go to college you may be able to live in cheap family housing. Unfortunately, most colleges have turned family housing into apartments any students can live in and charge twice as much so families can't afford to live there.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009