What sides would you make with a pot roast?

I have a pot roast slowly cooking in my slow cooker since 8:30 am with an onion and green pepper salt, pepper and season salt...that was all I had.

But now I am not sure what to put for sides items :)
Any suggestions, Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I made one last night. I made mashed potatoes and broccoli with it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I cook potatoes cut into wedges and carrots cut into sticks right in the slow cooker with the meat. Sooo yummy! I have to go shopping today, I think I'll buy a roast. Thanks for the idea!
    Anonymous

• Potatoes and carrots! ;-P Yummy, now I want some!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You said you used what you had, but if you have frozen veggies, add them to the pot for the last hour or 35 minutes. Keep the veggies about the same size for even cooking. Side salad, bread and some fruit will help this meal. I love whole grain breads. Enjoy your meal!

Anonymous

• I usually chop up some carrots and potatoes and throw them into the slow cooker in the afternoon (if you put them in too early they get too mushy). You can also just steam up some fresh veggies or open a can of corn. Whatever you've got around the house :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• add potatoes and carrots in to the slow cooker Every thing will come out perfect and you can just serve it all with bread or dinner rolls
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 12:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Next time when you cook a roast in the slow cooker you should add small red potatoes and carrots. That will not only add to the flavor, but they're instant sides without any extra dishes. You can still have baked potatoes (or real mashed) and veggies, that's what I'd make with it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009