How do I cook a ham?

I bought a hickory smoked spiral sliced ham with crunchy style glaze. I also got sliced pineapples and cherries. I think I still need toothpicks right? But how do I cook it so it tastes amazing? I'm cooking for everyone this thanksgiving, even my in laws! so I want it to be great:) Thanks

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 12:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i put mine w/all of those ingredients in a crock pot. the ham just melts, mmm mmm mmm. i also put some brown sugar in it, not alot, because then its too sweet. check allrecipes.com for some ideas.
    Anonymous

• Well, first find out if the ham you bought is pre-cooked. Many of them are. So you would need to warm it through...not to long or it will be dry. Crockpots or oven bags are great.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yeah I 100% agree with PP, many hams, including spiral hams are pre-cooked. The directions are usualy on the INSIDE of the label, so you only see it once you open it, but typicaly with those pre-cooked hams all you have to do is put it in a roaster covered in foil for roughly 1.5 hours, take it out, heat the glaze on the stove (as per directions), pour it on the ham and put it back in for a half hour without the foil to bake the glaze on.

My mom doesn't even bother anymore with heating the pre-cooked ones, she simply cuts it up into slices and heats up the slices she will use for dinner that night in the microwave.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009