Has anyone ever used the bag to make a turkey in?

Do they work for hams also? How do you make the turkey in the bag? Does it taste better than doing it the old fashion way of basting it every 5 minutes...lol? How do you do it?

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 12:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I never baste my turkey. I mix olive oil and herbs and rub it under the skin and in the cavity. Then I let it cook for the recommended time. I might put foil on in the end if it is getting too brown.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The bag RULES! It's so easy...just follow the instructions on the box. I've used them for two years and each time my turkey turned out beautifully brown and juicy!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I always use the bag. So tender and juicy. You can baste if you want, but don't have to as often. Coat the bird with oil, not butter so the skin dosent burn. Rub some spices and herbs in it. But a Tlbsp of flour in the bag and shake it up so bird dosent stick. Close it up, place on a sheet and bake. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I rinse off my Turkey and open up the pocket on the breast part and once it is not so wet I start to put butter inside the pockets and alittle all over the turkey legs, thighs you know...then I place in the bag add salt and pepper or whatever you have add one cup of water so it will stay moist as it cooks add your stuffing if you'd like tie the bag pierce holes on top 3 to 4 and let it cook for 4 hours (depends what size turkey you have) and check on it so often mine turns out golden brown everytime. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I always use the turkey bag! Best thing ever made...just follow the directions, stuffed or unstuffed it works great both ways! Good Luck!
    Bel_momofone

Answer by Bel_momofone at 11:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I've used the baking bag for like 20 years! No Fail! I even got my MIL doing it! She's now 78. She won't go baclk to the old Way!! Its less mess too! No chance with basting burns from the oven! Might get done a little faster too! Best of Luck!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:57 AM on Nov. 17, 2009