Texting between adults and teens, an no no or ok?

My son and his uncle were texting each other. We were on our way to a family celebration to meet my niece's bf for the first time. When the uncle found out he called the my niece's house three times to inquire and make fun of the event of meeting my neice's bf. He kept texting my son over and over with hsish remarks and my niece asked my 13 year old son to see the texts. The next day she called her uncle and told him off about his rudeness. So later that night he called my son. I did not know what was going on until today. What should I do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• The niece handled it. Don't get in the middle of it. Just let it go

Answer by admckenzie at 1:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I Think the uncle needs to grow up and realize that his comments probably were not acceptable to say to a 13 year old. I would confront the uncle and say that your son is not an adult and if he has those comments to make, he should find another adult to say them to.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• He is in his mid 50's..Very well educated. I just am floored.Thank goodness I don't text....
    Anonymous

• We really DO need cell phone etiquette and texting etiquette, don't we?  I ride a bus and so many people consider it their personal phone booth!  Amazing!  I miss the cords that keep you in the one room where the phone was!  I just broke up with a man who had the audacity to put his female (ugh) friend on SPEAKER and sat and talked to her while I was trying to watch TV.  Needless to say, I was very upset with HIS behavior!  Now I don't have a problem.  (it wasn't just his cell phone crap he pulled)

Anonymous

• My husband often texts our 13 year old niece. She has a great sense of humor and they have a lot of fun. The texts are a little inappropriate, but funny as hell. She gets it and doesn't have a problem with it. I don't think you need to do anything.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• anon 12:58 we really as a society need to address this. It is so out of hand. I got in trouble for letter writing and writing in diaries back in the day before all this internet and texting and facebooking. So there is no way I will ever get in trouble over cell phone texting ettiquette. Speaker phone stinks too so everyone can hear. But not to go to her defense but prolly the female friend did not know she was on speker phone. That used to happen to me until I would tell people not to do that. I have a cell phone with wasted minutes. I love writing but to waste time talking and texting and it just brings problems. I actually bought a telephone cord because I wore mine out so you know I don't text..LOL
    Anonymous

• mompam, I know my son is the same way. 13 year olds are so much more sophisticated and smart. I wish when my niece asked to see the texts, he should've said no I deteted it or I have to ask my mom.Ugh.....
    Anonymous

• ok Admckenzie.You are usually spot on. Thanks.
    Anonymous