preschool lunch

I'm looking for ideas for my girls' cold lunch packs at preschool. They're 14 months and 30 months and can't have nut butters. I do bean and cheese quesadillas, hummus/falafel/pita bread, sunflowerseed butter and jam sandwiches... but after that, I just can't come up with ideas for main courses. My older girl will eat cold-cut sandwiches but the little one picks the meat off. Is there something obvious I'm just not thinking of?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 12:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've been making lunches for myself for years. I buy whole grain crackers, sometimes lunch meat (too much salt), tuan or chicken salad (home-made), leftover dinner foods, cut up veggies and fruits, cheese, and I make my own "lunchables." My son used to have the best lunches! Also, a salad, some vanilla wafers.
    Anonymous

• Cheese sticks?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009