When throwing a birthday party for your child ...

do you invite all the kids in their class to the party? Or just a few of their friends?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it would depend on the child's age & what the child wants. Some kids only want to invite their special friends, while others want the whole class there, and still others may only want the same-sex children there (eg...all girls or all boys). When my son was in elementary school, parents typically invited either all of the boys or all of the girls to their child's birthday party, but when my son was in middle school (he's 14 now), if a child in his class had a birthday party, the parents usually only invited their child's best buddies, not the whole class. Now, of course, he only wants his best buddies and they do a movie or something like that (and I pay for it, naturally...lol).

HTH
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 1:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i wish i could say yes to either one but we never thrown a birthday party for our daughters. My husband is in the army and we usually move around alot. we didnt have a first bday party for my oldest or my second daughter. we never had any parties with other people, family or kids from school. my oldest started kindergarten this year and even if i wanted too, i dont have the money or room for it. we just do cake, ice cream, balloons, presents and there fav place to go. we stay home. our family and friends live in LA and we are in WA state.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My kids aren't old enough to be in school yet, but we did invite his entire Sunday school class and then some.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 1:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I've been with my BF and his kids for the past 3 birthdays and we only started doing birthday parties this year. Before their Mom left she used to plan all of their parties but she stopped that when she left. Anyway, this year was my SD's 8th birthday and she only wanted to invite a few friends. Unfortunately we sent out invitations and all but one couldn't make it. We decided to reschedule the party in the hopes that more of her friends could make it on another day. We're supposed to have the party in 2 weeks and so far only 2 of her friends said they can make it. I'm thinking maybe next year we'll invite more, but my BF is afraid they all might come and we'll be overwhelmed. Sorry if this isn't much help but I will be watching this question in the hopes of getting a better suggestion. Good luck!
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 3:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2009