US Swine flu deaths near 4000. Will you please be aware as you go about your day?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8358083.stm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• Lol. i dont think its 4,000 people. And im aware of the swine flu which is the same as a normal flu. i got sick on halloween morning and i got better in 10 days with vitamin d3, elderberry, hot tea with honey, ginger, i take my prenatals, vitamin c. and no i do not vaccinate or plan to ever
    Anonymous

• im very aware. i carry hand sanny with my everywhere and i use 259209357 times a day, i wash my hands 38548 times a day and if someone sneezes or coughs i run the other way. im so scared of catching swine flu & giving it to my 6 month old son. i dont believe thats its like the regular flu.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My 2 month old has already had it and survived it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• ...and if he had asthma and didn't survive it, how would you answer this question?^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Anonymous

• I have it right now. Diagnosed with it but I do not have the fever. Yep feels just like the regular flu to me.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• those numbers are incredible!! so scary!
    Anonymous

• I think there are those with high risk factors that should indeed take extra precautions, for the rest of us, there is no need to panic. Wash your hands and feel free to move about the cabin. I had it last week and DS 2 is currently getting over it. Its the flu, it sucks, but its not the end of the world.
    Anonymous

• The only difference between swine and seasonal flu....THE VIRUS WHICH CAUSES IT.

The swine flu vaccine will be part of the regular seasonal vaccine next year.
    Anonymous

• My whole family had it - the hubs, 5 yr old, 3 yr old, and I.... and we have lived to tell about it!!! Itwas not as harsh as some flu's - was more like a cold with a fever. We never even went to the doctors - there is just no need!!! There is way to much hype about it, and post like this feed the fire!!!

As our Doc says Flu is Flu.... drink fluids & treat the symptoms like any other illness. STOP the insanity!!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• it's not insane to be worried if you have someoen in your house that has a medical condition where even getting a cold is bad. But honestly for the most part it's a new strain out this year of the regular flu. Every year that mutates too. While I think most people are panicing over it (thanks news stations) for the average person it's just the regular flu. The reason it's spreading so fast is it's not a common one that causes outbreaks and we do not have the immunity already.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009