New guilty pleasure - how did I not know about this show?

Platinum Babies - wow, this show is over-the-top horribly terrific!

$120,000 for GIFT BAGS at a shower. Completely awesome.

I'm waiting for the inevitable follow-up "Platinum Nannies".....

Something about sitting in my sweats, noshing on chips and watching rich people spend money makes me feel happy. Or weirded out. Or both.

Wimsey

Asked by Wimsey at 1:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Entertainment

• Have you seen platinum weddings? People spend like 2 million on a wedding that doesn't look that impressive to me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OMG - yes!

Actually, one of the wives from "Real Housewives of New Jersey" was on "Platinum Weddings" which is how I found it.

Yeah............more money than taste but God bless 'em, hope they're happy.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• $1,000 crib mattress!

I. love. it.

The first time that mattress gets crapped on - oooooooooooooooooooooh buddy.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I love watching rich people blow money on crazy things! My guilty pleasure is My Super Sweet 16. I like to watch and say things like "If MY daughter ever spoke to me that way, she'd be going to Chuck E. Cheese for her birthday!" Then I show it to my son and say "See that 16 year old who just got an Escalade for a birthday gift? NEVER gonna happen!" LOL!
    Anonymous

• What channel is that on? I have never heard of that show?
    Anonymous

• I caught that episode last week with the "green" mom. She had her baby shower at a chic restaurant and said it was more like a lunch with 10 friends instead of a baby shower. I didn't know whether to laugh or be disgusted by the unbelievable excess of money they spent. But for that show, I thought Victoria Recano took the cake. She takes high maintenance to a whole new level.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• HAHA nooo... I don't watch those shows. They annoy the crap out of me.

I don't understand how people can spend money on ridiculously overpriced stuff when there are children without blankets or beds. = (

I don't know if they're really THAT selfish, or just seriously misinformed...
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 10:46 AM on Nov. 18, 2009