Where do you keep your toothbrushes?

I keep mine on the bathroom counter near the sink in a holder. My friend told me that everytime the toilet flushes if the lid isn't down, particles float everywhere. So where else can I put my toothbrushes?

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 1:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh, this is a big thing in my house! You get the third degree if you flush with the lid open! DISGUSTING! Upstairs my toothbrushes are on the coutner, but they have caps and downstairs I get a toothbrush in the medicine cabinet behind the mirror.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• In my master bathroom on the bathroom counter. i have a tooth brush holder.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 1:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• In a toothbrush holder with holes in it? I don't know. I know I wash my brush prior to brushing my teeth. Some germs are OK. Keeps our immune system running better in my opinion. And your friend is correct.

Anonymous

• In a drawer in the kitchen. Or if you don't want to do that they make plastic covering's for toothbrush's. They are like a dollar at target and stores like that. They are usually in the travel area where you but little soaps and shampoo's.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• *keep a toothbrush in the med.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I wash ours in peroxide once a week, it makes me feel better, but they are kept on the sink in a holder. We have pretty big bathrooms so I'm hoping the germs can't travel that far,lol..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I read about the particles floating in the air after the toilet is flushed. But I put down the lid first and then flush to keep the "particles" inside the toilet bowl,under the lid. However, I am also keeping my toothbrush in a cup,under the sink,inside a cabinet. Ya can't be too careful!
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I keep them in a drawer on the other side of the bathroom from the toilet. Everyone has their own little basket inside this drawer that is big enough for their toothbrush and their tooth paste. Everyone has their own around here.
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 1:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Its true. When you flush, with the lid up, it is like a huge mushroom cloud of germs. Keep that thing shut!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i saw the toilet thing on the Dr. Oz show, since them we close the lid then flush and keep the toothbrushes in a cabinet.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009