Do you think It will turn into something worse?

I posted a message on my facebook yesterday just venting about my df. We've been together 3 years and he has never hit me outta anger. He saw the post and said that I was to get 3 charlie horses because of it. ( we were ok and we always play like that and he didnt seem mad or angry just playful.) Do u think this is the start to an abusive relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• it's hard to say with this little info. if he talks violent all the time seeming like he's kidding, or actually followed thru with those "threats" then you should be concerned. if you've been with him for 3 years, it would've shown by now i would think.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OP here: Its not just threats he actually does it but we always play like this and i'm just worried about it bc it was the first time he did it for an actual reason.
    Anonymous

• Personally, I'd be cautious. My ex started out playfully fighting (as if to test boundaries). Abusive people don't usually abuse for any reason other then their own self satisfaction. Meaning, they will SAY it's something that you did, but in truth it's something they do to make them feel better about themselves. Regardless of threats and/or follow thrus abuse is abuse. Verbally, physically, etc. You may want to sit down and discuss with your so about that and figure out other ways to "play" that don't involve violence. Would you want your son or daughter to play like that?
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• hmmm....idk. it sounds possible then. what do your instincts tell you? that may be a silly question for me to ask since you're even posting about it. of course it concerns you. if it seems to get worse and he starts finding more reasons to hit you, i would say beware. these types of ppl are deceptive cuz they make it ok some how in their mind that hitting you is alright. you have to be the judge of how much is too much. if it makes you uncomfortable then you could try to say something to him. if he's the type to lose his temper then maybe it's best to walk away before the real damage is done. i really hope the best for you.
    islandmom85

Answer by islandmom85 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• run, don't walk
    Anonymous

• have you ever told him, NO I DONT WANT A CHARLIE HORSE? If he does it anyways it could be leading. if hes jus playing he'll see that your for real and should stop.
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009