how do you get a window to open after you have painted it shut?

Yes, I AM as dumb as the day is long. I painted the trim around the front windows a few days ago and now I can not get the window to open. I have tried a credit card and a hammer and screwdriver, gently, of course, around the edges.

crazycatlady66

Asked by crazycatlady66 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i would say to try again with the credit card and hammer. if you tried this while the window is not completely dry, that's probably why it didn't work the first time. try it again...it should work. also try tapping against the edges with your hand, pushing on the window gently enough to break the seal. GL
    Anonymous

• Use a thin spatula type tool. If all else fails, paint thinner and more painting. Leave your windows cracked  (slightly) open this time!

Anonymous

• Try a razor blade around the edges of the window.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 1:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My mom had to take a blade or a knife to her windows....call a paint store and tell them the problem andsee what they suggest!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• use a razor blade or xacto knife. its that simple. cut through it, and force the window back open. i'm having to do the same thing in my house, because of the last owners. i do not believe that they EVER opened their window. i have only 1/2 of them fixed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• def go with the razor blade or xacto knife.
    Anonymous

• Crow bar (pry bar). It's what we had to do.
    Anonymous

• LOL...you are so funny.

Try paint thinner in the opening part GL
    Anonymous