Is is cheating?

If you chat with a high school sweetheart online once and a while? He happily married with children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• i probably wouldnt be okay with that. but i guess it depends on what they are chatting about.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No, it's not cheating but here's a better question does his wife know?
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• No! My high school boyfriend found me after his father had passed away. We coulda been married. We wrote to each other a lot after he found me online, but I cooled it off, he, being the normal happy-go-lucky kinda guy, was completely innocent. I did, however, have strong feelings for him, still. I felt awkward. We still chat, but barely. I didn't want to interfere with his married life. He had to "finish business" after his dad's death.

Anonymous

• i wouldnt consider it cheating unless there is a lot of flirtation or cyber sex going on or you see messages like "hey let's meet *wink wink*".
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Chatting? Nope. But, the way I see it, if he wouldn't do it in front of his wife, then obviously it's wrong.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• is it flirtatious??? cyber-sex? if not then probably no, not cheating. if it's a regular convo i don't see anything wrong with it- you never know, his wife could be right their- hell you could even be messaging her for all you really know. I used to do this with some of the girls my hubby would talk to all the time. just make sure things were what he said they were, in the end though (when he told me he didn't want me to talk to exes) i made him get rid of their numbers.
    Anonymous