Have you ever heard of the company online "Babies n Bellies"?

It is a maternity store online that is based out of Florida I think. I ordered something on November 5th and still have not gotten it. It doesn't take this long... What makes me angry is that I have emailed and called twice. Apparently because it's a small company they don't have anyone to answer the phone. I had to leave a message on a voicemail service. It sounded just like any other voicemail for a personal number. I was finally able to send a comment/concern email directly from their site. I am already pissed about the lack of customer service but if I don't get a result from this last email, I am gonna flip. I bought one sweater that was 40$ bucks. I generally don't spend that much money on any one clothing item but I really liked it and was looking forward to getting it. Now I'm wondering if it was worth the wait. If I have to wait another 11 days, I'd rather just have a refund and shop somewhere else! What do you think?

AmandaI1021

Asked by AmandaI1021 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Shopping

• bump
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• From looking at it I wouldn't say it's a B&M (brick and mortar) store but just a regular women or man selling maternity clothes from their home, so it doesn't surprise me that it sounds like a home phone number. I mean she is using an AOL e-mail addy, she has a domain name, a professional business would use a domain name business e-mail addy (even if it just gets forwarded to aol)

I went to zillow.com and typed in the address, IT IS in fact a HOUSE, not a store. So, it's just a mom selling from home. Many who start sites can't afford to have stock of everything and purchase from their supplier from a customer. Also going to the white pages they don't have a phone number listed but it does show she is between 25-29 years old, so young and maybe not so quick to ship items.

I'd still give it a good two weeks and if nothing by then contact your CC for a reversal, or if paid by Paypal file a claim
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• thanks. she answered the email i sent from the site. apparently (so she says) she already sent off my order and said I should have gotten it by now but will send another one tomorrow. She also said I'd have it by the end of the week. If it was going to be late getting here or she was very busy or whatever an email should have been sent telling me that. I wouldnt have been too annoyed then. No one is perfect and I'm sure we all have things come up. But when you run a business you have to still try to be professional.
    But thanks so much for looking into things for me!!
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have ordered from there before, it took a little longer than normal, but I didn't have any problems with it.
    huniyxyz

Answer by huniyxyz at 1:37 PM on Nov. 18, 2009

• she sent another email saying she'd send it priority, so itd be here in two days, and was also sending an extra item for free. a shirt. so im excited to get it tomorrow or friday at the latest. Yay!
    AmandaI1021

Answer by AmandaI1021 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 18, 2009