Infant seat to convertable seat?

We're getting ready to transition out of the bucket seat to the convertable one. He's over 20 lbs and 26 inches long so it's time even at 5 1/2 months. Anyway, I've been so used to carrying him in the bucket seat, I'm not sure what to do when I don't have that to carry him in - since he's so big slings and baby bjorn are out of the question - my back wouldn't take it. I'm just curious what other mom's have done - I'm especially thinking what do I do when I have to go to the bathroom in a public place, where do I put him??? Thanks for all help ladies!!!

amw529

Asked by amw529 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can still use the carrier. Just because it isn't safe to be used as a carseat any more doesn't mean you can't still use it when you're shopping or at a restaurant. Take him out of his convertible seat and put him in the carrier while in the store. Back to the car and put him back in the convertible seat!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• My son is 8 months and 17.5 lbs, 27 inches. He sits up well on his own and is about to start crawling. I know it is a little harder with a 5 month old, but here is what I do... I have a shopping cart/high chair cover that I use in stores and restaurants, and then use my sling to hip carry some. My biggest issue has been the bathroom though. I have just pushed the cart and stroller into the handicap stall before I begin shopping. I also use my stroller a lot...it keeps my purchases limited which is nice for my pocketbook. If you get a cart cover, you can take some small pillows with you to give him the support in the carts and high chairs if needed. Best wishes! It gets interesting when you quit using the carriers!
    SassyJulie

Answer by SassyJulie at 1:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• stroller

Answer by missanc at 2:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• stroller
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009