I need some information for my daughter!!!

My daughter is 17teen and she has a problems that is making her feel down is a descion about which person to choose. See it a the guy she has been dating ofr 3yrs and that love each other but can't see things eye to eye. She really loves him and they has been threw a lot together. I feel he dont give her all that she need to be happy but she cant see that. And this other guy is so sweet and nice who really care about her and i think will give her and show her how she need to be treated... But this is the thing she dont kno who to pick without hurt one of them. I just need to kno what other ppls think. I kno wat i think is the right thing to, but i need some input from you all to see if i am right. The first guy is her fist love her first everything. Just looking for other people views on this situation she is having a hard time making the right decsion its breaking her down i can see it in her face...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Regardless of who she picks, someone is going to get hurt. She needs to make a decision about who she feels better around. She also needs to not take these relationships so seriously, she's still so young.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• maybe she shouldnt pick either one yet
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think she should not pick either one. She is still very young and she's been tied downd since she was 14 years old. She needs time to herself. Take a couple of years without a boyfriend.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 2:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Tell her to braek up with both & find herself. 17 is too young to be in a serious relationship.
    Anonymous

• Good golly... she is 17, she hasnt gone to college, hasnt had a real career, hasnt grown up in any way...... who cares.

She shouldnt be THAT involved with anyone so young. Tell her to drop all the drama and have fun being young.... it only happens once.

Besides in one year she will be off somewhere in college both boys will be off at other colleges and there will be a whole new group of boys (note I said BOYS) to choose from.

Dont get involved in your daughters silly childish drama... help her grow up and focus on school, and life choices.
    Anonymous

• Wow. I have never, nor will I ever, know what age has to do with love. Ugh! Love shouldn't hold you back, but make you better. That is what you need to make sure she understands.

First off, I would ask myself as her mother how mature my daughter is. There are many women who aren't meant to go off and see the world and become CEO's. Now if that's what she wants, then she needs to think about how that affects her decisions right now.

Personally, I married my first boyfriend. Yes, I was 19 when I met him but that wasn't a personal choice I made. I wasn't outgoing nor did I ever want to be involved with typical teenage activities. I was a homebody and still am. I married him, a week after I turned 21. I am more than happy with my life. I am meant to be married, I know this. Even when my Dh and I had issues, I knew that if he walked out, I would marry again and not enjoy being single. (con.t)
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• If your daughter isn't mature for her age, has really big dreams, then like I said she should really rethink her relationships.

But a person who is truly in love with another person just wants to see them happy.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 5:02 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• SHE IS 17!! She doesn't need to be with one person. She needs to be enjoying her senior year in high school,hanging with her friends and getting ready for college. She has plenty of time to settle down.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:00 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Unlike most of the women who have responded to this question I'll actually answer. You may not think the long term bf is right for her, but she's spent 3 years with him. There is obviously a great deal he does to keep her around. The new guy seems wonderful because you've had time to pick out all the flaws in long term guy. You aren't ever going to be truely happy with any guy your daughter picks because she's your little girl and you don't want to lose her. That's part of why you lean towards new guy. You know that there's a good chance a new relationship after just getting out of such an important one won't last. Tell your daughter that the choice is her's to make. She needs to think about why she's even considering the new. It means there are issues with the first. Also you need to let her know that just because she likes new guy doesn't mean she's ready for a new relationship. My vote goes to long term.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 7:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I dont think "mom" is posting this question anyway.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 17, 2009