Lost my mucous plug now I cant seem to stop having Diarrhea. is the Diarrhea and the plug linked in some way or completely unrelated?

Since I lost it ive also been having headaches and extreme fatigue. All I want to do is sleep ALLLLLL day long. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Normal - just your body preparing itself for the marathon.

G'luck!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• When I lost my plug, my aunt told me to go to the hospital. I had my baby at 113pm ( Lost my plug at 830a). I was in labor. It seems you are probably in labor and your body is getting ready to have a baby. Maybe call your OB.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Call your OB and let them know. All of my previous labors have started with diarrhea, and throwing up - just my body cleaning itself out.

Answer by missanc at 2:18 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Yeah, I also read that some women will get diarrhea as sort of a natural "enema" before you go into labor and give birth. I'd call ur OB also...sounds like it's getting close. GL!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• The plug in itself doesn't mean much, the diarrhea is your bodies way of getting ready for labor, it doesn't mean that labor will start now, it could still be a while. Make sure that you are well hydrated and take good care of yourself!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• it can be your body getting ready for labor but i don't see any reason to call your OB. most likely you still have a good while. i would wait until you have consistent contractions for at least an hour first :) that could be weeks away. personally i lost my plug 3 days before labor started, and i had loose bowels after active labor started. everyone is different. but definitely follow your body's cues to get some rest, it might be saying "hey you are going to be working very very hard soon so rest!" gl!
    Anonymous

• It's pretty common for your bowels to try and empty themselves when labor is close, but diarrhea is not always an indication of labor. And the mucous plug usually doesn't all come out at once, so you could still have a little while. Just stay hydrated and listen to your body. Rest if you need to rest (cause lord knows you won't get much once the baby comes!). Best wishes for a healthy labor, baby, and momma!
    bltcahill

Answer by bltcahill at 3:40 PM on Nov. 16, 2009