• In the Spotlight:

Help! I just ate uncooked cake batter! Please tell me I will be ok

I am 18 weeks along. I wasn't even thinking...I just licked a small dripping of cake batter that was on my finger! It wasn't a lot just a tiny bit but then I thought o crap! That has eggs in it...is it the same as eating uncooked cookie dough??? I am freaking out!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Relax. One lick isn't like eating a whole round of brie. **grin**

(In any event, you cannot undo what's been done. Drink some water and calm yourself down.)

Answer by gdiamante at 2:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• you will be ok. well at least there is a 99.999999% chance you will be ok. i have even read a recommendation before for pregnant women to eat raw eggs. i would not recommend that! lol but you will be just fine. :)
    Anonymous

• Are you kidding? It's fine - yumm!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• its okay dont worry i did that too when i was pregnant. a couple times. i licked the spoon. and alittle off the bowl. i couldnt help it. my son is fine. :)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:28 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i did same thang but i ate a whole bunch and had 9lb baby
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 2:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• OMG you could get salmonella!!! Of course you could get hit by a bus or asteroid too. Or you could fall and break your neck. Or...
    You will be fine. Don't overreact. First lesson of motherhood.
    Anonymous

• haha you will be okay....i'm assuming this is your first pregnancy : ) G'luck when your little one arrives...best advice I can give is to just relax. xoxo
    MrsPilat

Answer by MrsPilat at 2:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• lol. that made me laugh. i always lick the mixer when im done making a cake batter, and im 8 months along and doing jsut fine.
    Anonymous

• You will most likely be fine. But yes you can get food poisioning from uncooked eggs, so in the future dont do it again.
    Anonymous