Picky 15 month old!!

My son is 15 months and he is so picky with what he eats! He will eat an egg every morning for breakfast and fruit. Lunchtime and dinnertime are the worst. He likes Puffs.. and the yogurt puffs. Loves those.. He likes the gerber raviolis, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, veggies..
But he will NOT chew meat what so ever.

He still breastfeeds on demand, our choice. He drinks water.. No juice. Maybe a sip here and there but I dont give him much juice.

Also, he likes everything in small pieces.

How do I get him to eat more or no be so picky?

& keep your rude answers to yourself!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son didn't want meat at that age either. So, whenever we fixed him meat we would put some ketchup or some honey mustard and he would dip the meat in it then he would eat it. So try some dip.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You can't. It sounds like he is doing fine. Will he eat a banana or yogurt?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I think he is going great. He eats eggs, veggies... chop the beef or chicken really small and let himtry it. How many teeth does he have? Maybe he is not ready to chow meat.
    Proud2bJmom

Answer by Proud2bJmom at 2:37 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• He has 8 teeth.... and working on molars.

Hes not a huge fan of bananas either... Sometimes he will eat them. He loves yogurt.
    Anonymous

• I don't know why you thought you were going to get bashed. Anyway, sounds like my daughter . . . she is so picky lately and it's very frustrating, because I feel like she's not eating enough . . . but what can I really do? Like today, she had a pbj sandwich and half a banana. She only ate 1/4 of the banana and 1/2 the sandwich and threw the rest on the floor. Normally, she loves those. All I can do is offer her food and if she doesn't eat it there is nothing I can do.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• first off..... BRAVO for BF this long... if he doesnt have molars meat is probably really hard for him... try grilled cheese and he eats eggs so thats GREAT!!! it sounds to me like he is doing fine... my son went through phases where all he wodul eat were Chicken nuggets... and the Tyson ones are nice and soft... he is 22 months now and will rarely eat any meat other than chicken... dont worry about it.... kids take a while to get into that... but if you dont want to cater to his likes and dislikes... give him whatever you decide to fix him... if he doesnt eat it fine... but give it to him again at the next meal if he is hungry he will eat... my kiddo eats whatever I put in front of him most of the time now...
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't worry too much. You can chop the meat really small, or use some sort of dip. My kids love ranch dressing on EVERYTHING. Keep offering the meat in small portions-2 or 3 pieces, or offer him a bite off your plate. It sometimes takes months for a kiddo to accept a new food. Good luck, Mama!!
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 6:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009