Another wedding related questions. Sorry :(

Hey ladies! Im sorry, your probably getting sick of my wedding related questions. but your just so much help, and its nice to have so many different ideas!

So here is our idea now. We might be able to get the chapel at my fiances dads work (which would be free), but if we cant we are going to the courthouse. Then instead of a reception, we are going to go to a resturant and have a "pay for your own dinner instead of gifts" thing, and i'm buying the cake.

But here is my question. If we get married at the courthouse, what should I wear? I don't really want to spend that much on a wedding dress, and there are a couple of different $99 sales going on, but I could almost see myself going in jeans, and my fiance wants "more dressed up" than that...

Any opinions?

livingrlovesong

Asked by livingrlovesong at 2:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I wore a knee length dress to my court house wedding. I wore a fancy dress to my church wedding and I wore jeans to my last wedding. It's not about the clothes. It's about how you feel in what you wear.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:34 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Whatever the bride wants on her day is ok
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 2:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Wear a simple bridesmaid dress. They are much more simple, & MUCH cheaper. And they come in EVERY color.

I'm weariing a bridesmaid dress for my wedding. It's very nice, & i could also wear it out on town, it does not look like a wedding gown, just a pretty dress.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Thanks ladies. Samurai, where did you get your dress at?
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I just wore a nice skirt outfit cause we just went into the room said our words and signed some papers, however the courthouse married my parents outside on the courthouse grounds (its surrounded by a pretty park) and my mother wore a wedding gown.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• i would'nt ask people to pay for their own dinner unless it was immediate family and you know they wouldnt be offended...sounds tacky to me
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Shay, its only immediate family, and the know we are on a limited budget, and most volunterred to pay for their own dinner. That wans't my question, but thanks for your imput
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 2:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• You don't have to go all out and get the big white dress. I wore a sleeveless pastel knit shell, light sweater of the same color and a skirt. I got it at the mall where we lived, my mom insisted on buying it. I tried the $99 dresses but didn't like any of them. Do your wedding your way all the way down to your dress. I was nervous about dressing up even the little that I did but when I looked at the pictures, I was glad I did.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• if you are talking about david's bridal 99 dollar dress scam to get u in the store...what a rip off. They advertise that just to get you in. all those dresses are a size 0 and 1.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I've missed all your other wedding questions... my husband and i had a beautiful wedding super cheap. feel free to pm me since characters are limited here.

We did a church wedding with a cake and punch reception.

back a few decades ago it was popular to have a wedding suit rather than a dress - a white/cream/pastel elegant suit.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:51 PM on Nov. 16, 2009