what do you know about bipolar?

i have not gone the doctor yet and i know i might be depress and have anxity acttacts and those are part of bilpolar sytems and just wondering if you might know some other styems or if you have or know someone with bipolar and how it effects your/ their daily lives anything you can give would be great

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Health

• My husband has this disorder.He was hell to live with a few years back.he is now on medication which took a while to get used to and he had some cognitive therapy as well which helped.His was linked to ocd too,don't know if that's common.
    He was like up for anything,really excitable(almost too much so) one day and then the next he would refuse to leave the house,sometimes just staying in bed for days on end.
    His still suffers from anxiety attacks sometimes.Normally when we're out somewhere,so he doesn't like to go out much.
    meds did make him a lot calmer though.I know its probably not the answer you're looking for and i'm no doctor but it worked for him.I'd go talk to your doctor first if you can.It took me about 2 years to get my husband to go.
    daisycat78

Answer by daisycat78 at 3:57 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Bipolar is not a disorder usually diagnosed by a family physician. It is diagnosed and treated by a psychiatrist/psychologist. If you google it you will find a lot of useful information. There are more than one type of bipolar disorders, and they cannot be lumped together. They vary from very mild to extremely severe, so symptoms will differ from one person to another.
    For some, it is simply a depressive disorder...for others it is manic...and many have both, with days or months of extreme highs, followed by extreme lows. Some have problems with excessive spending, excessive sexual habits, ideas of grandeur, anger, etc.
    As I said, if you feel this is your problem, you need to be diagnosed correctly to be treated correctly. Please don't mess around with this.
    Anonymous