Do you like the word "BABY MAMA" and why?

I dont care what ppl call me or say to me. But I have a problem with ppl calling me a baby mama. I have my reason and personal I feel as though I am a mother that takes care of her child with no help. Thats not a baby mama. My definition to a baby mama is a mother with a child that doesn't work, on welfare, getting child support for the kids but not using it on the kids, sitting at home all day not better themselves, and depending on the system or someone to take care of them. I DONT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST THE WOMAN WHO ARE GETTING THE ASSISTANT THAT THEY NEED BUT DONT JUST TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SYSTEM USE THE SYSTEM TO BETTER YOURSELF.

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I personally think it is stupid and sounds very low class.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like the person is a teenager or unwed parent.
    Sounds like there is no respect.
    Tacky.
    Anonymous

• If you are going to leave a opinion then dont be rude and be anonymous. We all are grown here and should be real and honest and except whatever is said.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 3:10 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I have only heard this in "real life" one time.... and it was this past weekend.

We were in the parking lot and saw a "man" (for lack of a better word) man-handling his ??? wife, girlfriend?? It was so bad my step-dad had to intervien and I had to call 9-1-1.

That 'man' said "hey dis aint yo problem dis my baby mama"

That says it all.
    Anonymous

• No. It is trashy slang meaning, "Person who had sex with a man who has sex with a lot of people and has multiple babies by multiple women and cannot remember thier names so calls them 'my baby's momma'." YUCK. Basically in my mind calling yourself a "babymomma" equates you with "whore" and babydaddy with "player"
    Anonymous

• But what is another woman uses the word...then wat?
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 3:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I thought 'Baby Mama' was a term that men, or the gf's of men, use to describe the unwed mother of that man's child. I didn't know it meant unwed mother on welfare. Hmm, does it? If so, I am now informed.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• I do not care for baby mama or my baby's daddy. Both sound trashy to me personally.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:14 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• THis is for kenzie07....it doesnt mean unwed mothers on welfare but the person the called me that stated that I was that....I agree with what your thoughts are as a "baby Mama" I truly believe that it depends how you respond to it.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Then the other woman is calling the woman a "whore".
    Anonymous