Paying for a relationship?

My ex wants to still have a "relationship" with me, I dont want to be with him anymore and he knows it. He has offered to pay me a set amount each month to be with him for four days (he lives a few states away). I am a single mom and altho the thought of this makes me a little sick, knowing I would be able to pay for things my kids need/pay the bills without worry makes me concider it. My family isn't the type to help with monitary issues and this man makes alot of money. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• He should be paying you without the rest.....
    Anonymous

• That is called a mistress or a prostitute. I have more self-respect than to do this but if you think it's worth it, go ahead.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• Are you talking about him paying you for sex?

There's a word for that - right?

Seriously, it's creepy and you know it. There are better ways to earn a living!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• annon - he isnt my kids' dad, its not a child support situation.
    Anonymous

• Hun, you need to be your own savior here. If you do this you know you will feel cheap and dirty and you will regret it. You can't buy love and you can't let someone else buy it from you. It may seem like a brighter way out but the easiest answer isn't always the right one. This is not the example you want to set for your kids and it can't possibly be the life you want for yourself.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• So no one could give her a little advice without the judgement? NIce. You better hope none of you end up in a bad situation.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea. Sounds good, even I dream of having a sugar daddy once in awhile! but in the end, I think you will end up feeling really bad about yourself and could take a giant toll in the long run.
    Anonymous

• If you decide to do it, protect yourself. Be very careful to not have children with him, and get checked from time to time for STDs.

In the back of my mind, and I apologize, because I don't want to offend you, is that he is doing this as a power play. He wants to dominate you, and he'll ridicule you or demean you. This is just a thought, and you should think about it. It would not be a love relationship. It would be a business relationship. and you may want to get the money in advance rather than wait for his convenience to pay you.

Answer by Bmat at 4:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• In the back of my mind, and I apologize, because I don't want to offend you, is that he is doing this as a power play. He wants to dominate you, and he'll ridicule you or demean you. This is just a thought, and you should think about it. It would not be a love relationship. It would be a business relationship. and you may want to get the money in advance rather than wait for his convenience to pay you.

I have to agree with this. YOu are worth more thatn the money. While it may seem tempting their is a reason your stomach turns at the thought of it. It is degrading..wold you want you r child to figure out this is how you paid the bills. If it kills you to thin of family or friends finding out then you shouldnt do it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2009

• sounds like prostitution... you don't need to lower yourself to that.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:52 PM on Nov. 16, 2009